My husband is definitely the cook in the house, basically if it’s not made in the crockpot, I don’t cook it. This pizza however is so simple that even I can make it! 😉 Not only is this recipe so yummy, but it’s always fun to make it together. On Wednesday nights when everyone else is at church, we stay home, cook it together, have some drinks and watch Fixer Upper. It’s like a little date night in.
PROSCIUTTO AND ARUGULA PIZZA (this recipe makes 2 pizzas)
Olive Oil Spray
2 thin pizza crusts
A 4 oz package of Prosciutto
1 ball of real, fresh mozzarella (not processed, not sliced, not shredded)
Half of a 5 oz package of Baby Arugula
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Juice of 2 lemons
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 and spray both pizza crusts liberally with olive oil.
2. Salt and pepper crusts to taste. (We add extra pepper for a little kick)
3. Add 1 finely chopped clove of garlic to each pizza, spread it out across the whole crust.
4. Thinly slice mozzarella ball and then cut pieces in half, spread them out across both pizzas.
5. Add 1 thinly sliced shallot to each pizza, spread it out across the whole crust.
6. Break apart the prosciutto slices into small pieces, spread them out across both pizzas.
6. Bake crusts in the oven for 7-9 minutes. While the pizzas are in the oven, get a large bowl, add half of a 5 oz package of baby arugula to the bowl and add in the juice of 2 lemons. Toss the arugula in the juice so each piece is coated.
7. After the pizzas are done in the oven, take them out, add the arugula to the top, slice them up and enjoy! 🙂
Be sure to PIN this recipe to your Pinterest and let me know what you think when you’ve tried it!